Our Focuses｜Sustainable Supply Chain｜Low-carbon Supply Chain
Low Carbon Supply Chain
Winbond gradually incorporated sustainability-related elements into procurement activities and promoted the Co-Sustainability project since 2022. The project mainly focuses on low-carbon supply chain management. The first item is the ESG co-learning workshop with key supplier. We invited main suppliers who take large proportions of purchase amount and work hard in ESG with outstanding performance to learn, interact and communicate. Up to now, suppliers of raw materials, Outsourced Semiconductor Assembly and Testing (OSAT), machinery and equipment, international transportation and logistics, packaging etc. have joined the Winbond ESG co-learning workshop.
ESG learning co-learning workshop with Key supplier
In supply chain management, sustainability relies on the well interaction and good relationship between all supply chain members. The Co-Sustainability project that Winbond Electronics has promoted since 2022 is based on the transformation of the fair supply chain and SDG17.16 "Cooperative Practice Goals". The project breaks the conventional thinking in the traditional supply chain that focuses on the relationship between buyers and sellers and regards itself as a learner in all aspects of ESG. Winbond Electronics believes that in the process of aligning with excellent suppliers, it can not only gradually enrich its own ESG but also can further promote various sustainable activities to different suppliers. To do so, we are able to realize good of the supply chain and to create a sustainable one.
- Carbon abatement approach
- Environmental resource usage management
- Promotion of CDP
- Employee caring
- Human rights and morality
- Charity participation
- Initiatives participation
- Annual report and agency relationship
- ESG performance
Suppliers participating in the ESG co-learning workshop
Sustainable supply chain management environment survey
The second task is investigating the supply chain members' electricity consumption, water usage, recycling, greenhouse gas management, energy management status, and product carbon footprint management status. Based on the results, we can establish the goal of reducing carbon by 10% in the supply chain by 2030. In 2022, the environmental survey on sustainable supply chain management has distributed to 78 suppliers, a total of 65 responded, including 52 raw material suppliers and 13 OSAT suppliers.
- Implementing Winbond low carbon supply chain management in order to achieve our goal of reducing supply chain carbon emissions by 10% by 2030.
- This survey includes electricity consumption, water consumption, waste materials, greenhouse gases, energy management and consumption, resource utilization methods, and Scope 3 emissions.
- Establish emergency power supply equipment
- Adjust production activities
- Increase renewable energy usage
- Conserve water usage
- Establish second water source
- Increase water recycling rate
- Improve efforts to raise awareness and implement recycling
- Induce Material Flow Cost Accounting
- Develop reuse techniques
- Supplier annual electricity conservation target: 1%
- upplier annual water conservation target: 5%
- Suppliers annual waste reduction target: 1%
- Obtain ISO 14064:2018 certification: 30%
- Conduct carbon footprint inventory and verification: 5 companies
ESG-KSA Upgrading Training for Purchasing Team
Winbond Electronics not only values talent cultivation but also believes that the sustainable development of talents is also one of the key factors to promote the sustainable supply chain. We hope by building a high-quality supply chain management team, we can gradually establish a green supply chain, improve environmental protection and rise social responsibility of products.
- WEC purchasing status
- ESG Q&A
- ESG Topics
- Manufacturing Environment
- ESG practice communication
- Group discussion
- Purchasing application
- ESG reflection