By 2030, substantially increase the number of youth and adults who have relevant skills, including technical and vocational skills, for employment, decent jobs and entrepreneurship
- Data Science Program: Assisting individuals in mastering AI, big data technologies, and commanding AI. Winbond offered physical and online course lectures covering four categories: core, professional, data science, and management. The courses were conducted a total of 2,631 times, with a cumulative participation of 117,526 individuals.
- Industry-academia collaboration - Semiconductor Academy: Investing NT$10 million and collaborating with NCKU to design semiconductor courses, with 17 instructors involved in this initiative.
- Education grants for underprivileged students: To supplement education resources for children from impoverished families so they can attend school on a regular basis, Winbond has been working with Taiwan Fund for Children and Families since 2017 by inviting employees to join the effort of raising education grants. From the general manager to grassroots staff, there has been enthusiastic participation in donation drives. From 2017 to 2022, a total of 4,343 beneficiaries have been supported, with a cumulative donation amount of NT$17.372 million. In 2022, 1,032 students were assisted, with a donation amount of NT$4.128 million.
- Promoting a culture of passionate learning: The LMS platform offers five major programs with a total of 3,241 courses. This allows employees to learn anytime and anywhere at their own pace. In 2022, there were a cumulative 117,526 participants with a total of 142,711 learning hours.
- Use Kirkpatrick's four-level educational training evaluation model to track course effectiveness assessment and continuously optimize the cloud-based learning platform. Increase the interactivity of live courses to enhance employee competitiveness, self-realization, and improve job performance.
- Expand the types of subsidized educational resources and provide relevant resources based on the needs of students.
By 2030, eliminate gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of education and vocational training for the vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and children in vulnerable situations
By 2030, substantially increase water-use efficiency across all sectors and ensure sustainable withdrawals and supply of freshwater to address water scarcity and substantially reduce the number of people suffering from water scarcity
- Water recycling: Winbond values all resources and is committed to improving the reuse rate of recycled water. In 2022, the overall water recycling rate in the entire plant was approximately 80.5%, and the process water recycling rate was approximately 89%.
- In 2022, three new water-saving measures were implemented, resulting in an increase in water savings of approximately 64,000 cubic meters.
- Continue to assess and promote new water-saving measures
- Improve the reuse rate of recycled water
- Reduce water consumption per unit of product
- Fab water recycling rate reaches 80% or more
By 2030, increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix
- Invested 550 million in renewable energy projects to increase the development of the renewable energy industry and increase the proportion of renewable energy in the global energy structure.
- A 499kW rooftop renewable energy generation equipment has been installed, and the renewable energy it generated was sold to Taiwan Power Company. In 2022, approximately 660,000 kWh of power was generated.
- In 2022, the CTSP Fab obtained ISO 50001 certification for energy management systems, effectively integrating energy management into engineering operations. The Kaohsiung Fab is also planning to adopt ISO 50001, aiming to expand the scope and effectiveness of energy management.
- Align with the government's renewable energy policy and assess the feasibility of implementing renewable energy installations.
- Achieve a year-on-year reduction of over 1% in the electricity consumption per unit of product
- Increase the utilization rate of renewable energy
Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors
- Winbond strives to create economic values for various stakeholders. In 2022, the company's consolidated revenue totaled NT$94.53 billion, a slight decrease of 5% compared to 2021. The consolidated net income after tax was NT$15 billion, with an earnings per share of NT$3.25.
- The employment rate for individuals with disabilities increased by 147%, with 32 employees with disabilities in position by the end of 2022. Taking into account the weighted number of employees based on the severity of disabilities, the total reached 47. The employment rate exceeded legal requirements.
- Winbond continued to actively engage with foreign talent through various channels and provided services to newly hired foreign employees to assist with their relocation and settlement, ensuring a smooth transition for both the employees and their families.
- COVID-19 prevention measures: providing paid leave for vaccination, prevention kits for confirmed cases, epidemic prevention insurance, and rapid antigen test kits were provided.
- Group insurance for employees, their spouses and children: offering self-paid group insurance plans which covered employees, their spouses, children, and parents, allowing them to choose different coverage options based on their own needs.
- Flexible working hours/work-from-home: Employees can apply if they have family needs.
- Continue to monitor market changes and improve our financial performance.
- Understand the situation of employees with disabilities and provide a more inclusive work environment.
- Continue to recruit diverse talents to enhance talent diversity, and promote cultural integration to unleash innovative vitality
By 2030, achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men, including for young people and persons with disabilities, and equal pay for work of equal value
Protect labour rights and promote safe and secure working environments for all workers, including migrant workers, in particular women migrants, and those in precarious employment
By 2030, upgrade infrastructure and retrofit industries to make them sustainable, with increased resource-use efficiency and greater adoption of clean and environmentally sound technologies and industrial processes, with all countries taking action in accordance with their respective capabilities
- Winbond seeks to consolidate our competitive advantage through continuous innovation in products and technologies. Winbond expands its production capacity and upgrades production processes to provide customers with energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly green products. Winbond granted nearly 380 patents in 2022, and the accumulated granted patents have exceeded 4,500.
- In 2022, Winbond incorporated trade secrets into the IP strategies and set about planning the mechanism of registering trade secrets. A total of 23 trade secret workshops were conducted.
- Winbond aims to accumulate over 5,700 global patents by 2025.
- Winbond continuously providing guidance to each department to identify and inventory confidential information and trade secrets related to their business responsibilities, in order to further enhave the protection of Winbod’s intellectual property.
|9.6 Support domestic technology development, research and innovation in developing countries, including by ensuring a conducive policy environment for, inter alia, industrial diversification and value addition to commodities|
By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse
- Winbond has incorporated environmental considerations into design practices to actualize the concept of corporate sustainability, achieving a total reuse of 5,200 tons/year of recycled materials in 2022.
- Winbond places importance on corporate sustainability performance and regularly holds supplier conferences to utilize sustainability review standards, actively working with partners to improve. In 2022, Wah Bang's suppliers/outsourcing partners achieved a 100% pass rate in audits and assessments in economic, environmental, and social dimensions.
- Waste recycling rate: 90.1%.
- Promoting sustainability awareness: Establishing the Sustainable Education and Training Platform
- Conflict minerals: 100% of primary suppliers have signed the Winbond Supplier Code of Conduct Commitment Letter, and Winbond formally declared to suppliers Winbond’s policy of not using conflict minerals through website and advocacy letters.
- Continuously implement green design and processes to reduce the size and enhance efficiency, resulting in energy saving and reduced material usage.
- Collaborate with outsourcing partners to promote sustainability development, including conducting carbon footprint assessments/verification, setting carbon reduction targets, and implementing carbon reduction plans.
- Achieve a waste recycling rate of over 90%
- Promote sustainability awareness and culture
- Practice responsible procurement
By 2030, ensure that people everywhere have the relevant information and awareness for sustainable development and lifestyles in harmony with nature
Improve education, awareness-raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning
- Established a Climate Change Task Force Team: Members were assigned from various departments under the ESG committee to form a cross-departmental TCFD Task Force Team consisting of over 40 individuals to identify climate risks and opportunities and discuss financial impacts and mitigation measures. The first TCFD report was published in 2023
- Blue carbon procurement: Winbond invested in the world's largest blue carbon project, contributed efforts to climate change mitigation, biodiversity conservation, and job creation efforts.
- Continue improving the TCFD management mechanism and regularly track management goals.
- Develop a TCFD information platform to enhance efficiency through digital tools.
Enhance the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development, complemented by multi-stakeholder partnerships that mobilize and share knowledge, expertise, technology and financial resources, to support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals in all countries, in particular developing countries
- Winbond promoted supply chain decarbonization and implemented the Co-Sustainability project, with the first phase targeting raw material and outsourcing suppliers.
- In 2022, the Key Supplier ESG Learning Forum was established for comprehensive ESG knowledge exchange and deep learning.
- Winbond communicated and engaged with suppliers to convey and discuss the 10% carbon reduction target for the Winbond supply chain, and conducted carbon footprint assessments/certifications with outsourcing partners.
- In 2023, focus on supplier ESG Learning and Exchange Workshop and Co-Sustainability projects, and targeting key suppliers will be expanded to other types of suppliers.
- Sustainability risk assessments will be implemented for the first-tier key suppliers in 2023 and based on the assessment results, plan corresponding sustainability audit activities.
- Establish a digital supplier management platform to digitize various sustainability surveys, receive information feedback, and share sustainability-related information with suppliers for mutual learning and growth.